i feel like...

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

when harry met sally

I was looking at some of Stef's pics and I found some super cute pictures.
It just made me miss her and I am SO excited to get to see her in 4 days!!!! I can't wait!
I found this picture and I just LOVED it.



I love these two little kiddies. They are best friends and LOVE to hang out with each other. They get crazy the whole day before they hang out because they are just so excited to play together. There is no weirdness, no underlying tension, no talk from anyone else...there is just pure friendship motivated by love.

When does this change?

When do we get to the point where girls and boys can't be friends without something else underlying that? I know in junior high girls and boys get cooties and you want to have nothing to do with them and then in high school you can't get off them. What is that?

I feel like I am just getting to the point in my life where I can be just friends with guys. Really? Cause I am 26. But seriously...Im not sure there was a guy that I had contact with that I wasn't like, hmmm...could I date them?

It's kind of fun because I feel like some of that has changed with me. I'm not sure what happened, but I really think that I can get to that point where Im like, they are really cool and be done with that thought then. Im not sure how or when or why that all changed, but I am so glad I can do that. I feel like I can have great conversations with guys and not think about all the things that I should have said. Or I can talk to them first and not feel weird or scared that they might think I have some crush on them or something.

So is it true??? Can girls and guys be friends like Maddie and Grif (cute kids above) or are we destined for some sort of tension? Is one always thinking about the other?

I'm just beginning to get to the point where the more I know...the more questions I have. It's not a fun place to be. Very thought provoking...but probably pretty annoying to be around cause I can't stop asking questions or thinking through stuff. ..
Why can't I just know everything in all the land :)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    I LOVE that Griff is wearing a sweatshirt from my alma mater in that pic! GO SCOTS :)
    And Jana, I think for a long time I thought I knew everything (high school mentality) and I'm finally growing up and realizing I know nothing at all...so maybe all your questions are just you growing up:) I mean you are 26 after all;) When harry met sally is the best!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    And we're sitting there thinking, how long do I have to lie here before I can get up and go home? Is 30 seconds enough?

    That's what all men think. How long do you like to be held, Jana? All night, right? See, that's your problem...somewhere between 30 seconds and all night is your problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home