i feel like...

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

high school

Every stage of my life I have LOVED. Ever since fourth grade, I had a feeling that every year from here on out will be better. (I had a rough incident with a turtleneck in fourth grade and was scarred for life *Katy)

What's awesome is that every single year since fourth grade I have loved my life more and more. In fifth grade I actually got friends and from then on out I kissed everyone's butt so that I could get in the sought after "ultra" group. Which was fun. (I do recognize that the only reason I was in is not based on my coolness, but on my butt kissing)

College was amazing - I had the most amazing roomates EVER! Im not sure anyone in the history of college has had more amazing roomates than I did. I loved my YL team that I lead with. I loved everything about it.

Altoona I loved as well. I didn't necessarily love the town (let's face it) but I LOVED the people. I LOVED the kids I worked with and I loved my boss and the leaders I worked with.

And now here we are. I LOVE my life now. I love the friends I've met and made...I love that I am SO close to Sean and Annie and Katy and Liz and Sarah. I love my kids in my classroom - more than I realized I would. I love it all.

What's funny is that I don't feel a TON different than I did back in fifth grade. I'm not quite sure that's a good thing. I definitely have learned so much about me and about God and about why I am the way I am. I've grown up in a ton of ways - but I have a ton of growing to do as well.

Today I'm sitting in my living room waiting for one of my co-workers to pick me up. My car is stuck at school - because its a piece and because this is what happens in my life - your car breaks down the night of parent teacher conferences when you are supposed to go home this weekend. It's cool though :)

I feel like I'm waiting for my ride to school. I'm wearing a sweatshirt and jeans and tennis shoes and I dont have makeup on cause I put it on in the car. I've become WAY more high maintenance than I was in high school and especially in college - but not to the point that I need a mirror to put on makeup.

So feeling like Im a high schooler this morning, I decided to tell you the top five reasons why I feel like Im still in high school and why I love that I'm not:

Top five reasons why I feel like Im still in high school:
5. Makeup on in the car
4. Sometimes hair drying in the car with the heater
3. I wake up late everyday
2. I want a dog more than anything
1. I want to be an ultra

Top five reasons why I love that I'm not:
5. I get along with my parents and love them tremendously
4. I don't have a curfew
3. Who cares if you're an ultra
2. No more double life...
1. I can buy a dog!!!

I just really hope God's not done growing me up yet. I feel like he's kicked my a this year, but its been SO good. Im just not sure I could have it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home