i feel like...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

what the world needs now...

I have two little guys in my class that I am IN LOVE with. Not in a weird way...but I would take them both home and love them like they were my own kids if i could. Im just going to call them Ridge and JT. (Katy...ridge is for you)
They are probably the worst two kids in my room (behavior wise), but they are my faves.
Ridge came in today and his grandma told me he was crying the whole way to school cause his mom said she would hang out with him this weekend, but didn't and his dad was only around for one meal. So Ridge was really upset cause he wanted to stay home and hang out with his dad, but he had to come to school.
JT writes about his dad all the time and all the stuff they do. I kind of feel like they dont do any of it and its wishful thinking, but Im going to pray for the best in that. JT told me he wished I was his mom and that he could stay at school all day cause he would like that better than going home.
Now if you have known me for more than a minute, you'll know that I was about to burst into tears at each of these encounters. It took everything in me to not just go pick them up and hug them.

There is this song I love right now thats by a Christian artist...I don't love christian music...Im not sure if I love any of it...maybe Webb, but anyways...
the song says...I want to hear you say - Who I am is quite enough - Just want to be worthy of love ...

So maybe I should pay attention to my little guys today and remind them that they are worthy of love and they are quite enough. And not just quite enough to make me lose my voice, but quite enough to be loved. I have such an opportunity to let them see that they are awesome and lovable and all that...and I focus a lot of time on how much they are driving me crazy and how much more coffee and advil Im going to need to make it through the day...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love how you love your students. There is nothing like hearing your hilarious stories about them.
    You should compile all your stories into a funny yet touching memoir of your first year of teaching.
    ** NOte if you publish it, I reserve the right to receive some royalties ;) jk!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Peggy Murphy said…

    You are the angel they have been praying for.
    (remember that on those days you don't have lesson plans and just have to "WING IT")

    Those kiddies are lucky to have you.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    liz,
    did you love the ridge shout out? that was for you and your sis
    peggy,
    you are my bff. dont EVER forget it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home