i feel like...

Monday, September 04, 2006

guys you need to redeem yourself


I am shocked as to what happened to me last night. I am SO used to super nice guys, even ones I dont know, just being the greatest gentlemen ever. I think I forgot that there were really jerky guys out there. Last night I went to see the fireworks down in Cincy/Newport (which were aweSOOOOOME) with my friend Kelly. Kelly is super cute so of course all these guys were hitting on us all night, well mainly her, but a girl can dream, right? So we didn't want to drive back right after the fireworks because there were a trillion people down there, so we went and got some food at Bar Louie's. We were sitting down near the pool table, where of course these hot shot guys decided to show off and kept putting their a's in our faces pretending to "make the shot." Then they sit down and were just nasty and mean. One of them got the hint that we weren't interested, so then he just got ticked and said we were b's and that even though we didn't like him we could put our food on his tab because he makes more money than Ben Roethlisberger. Really? But he doesn't work. So then our waiter who I was desperately trying to show signs to save us, brought our food and the guys started eating it. One guy seriously ate all the bruschetta, then when he was done his brother poured the bruschetta stuff all over our nachos. Really? again. At this point Im kind of like what the heck is going on, but Im too nice and keep saying, oh sure, eat some, no problem. Then seriously when our food is gone they just got up and left. Kelly and I were sitting there like, what the crap just happened and my view of guys our age shifted entirely. I just really am not friends with anyone that I know that would do that. I haven't been around jerky guys ever I dont think, so now I am starting to lose hope in the male species. Are men really like that? and where are the good ones? Kelly and I decided last night that the good ones aren't as aggressive because maybe they are too scared of the rejection? But always the jerk ones make sick comments all night and expect something because they are used to the rejection? Good guys, risk it. Girls need guys like you to redeem their thoughts of men. and we want the protectors.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would say that "good" guys tend not to make "cold calls" when it comes to women. "Good" guys tend not to be the ones hitting on strangers, because we're (umm... did I just include myself in the "good" guys column? i think i can do that. i've been told that I'm not all that terrible) more likely not to waste time and effort on strangers, and just wait until we see someone that does more than just catch our eye.

    I don't think it's a question of aggressiveness, necessarily (or at least it shouldn't be - guys need to pony-up and get after girls - not sit back and wait until they're sure that they won't be rejected... what's the fun in that?)

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    I agree with Mike. We had a gathering Sunday night where I watched a lot of guys hit on a lot of girls (alcohol was involved). I am on a 30-day drinking fast, so I kind of sat back and watched. I felt a twinge of jealousy...afterall, I could have been hitting on these girls. But then I realized that my heart longs for more than a casual encounter with a stranger (especially influenced by alcohol). I think once a guy knows he wants to pursue a girl for the right reasons, we need to step up and make that happen. But pursuing for the sake of pursuing isn't healthy. My thought would be that more jerks pursue for the sake of a notch on a bedpost...so they seem more agressive. (Plus many other influencers, but I'd liked Mike's point, so I thought I'd piggy-back it).

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    you guys are in my GREAT guy column...i just don't think i've been around jerkos like that before and kind of didn't really believe they existed...
    i like being naive

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Wes & McKenzie Brooks said…

    don't let mike fool you...

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Marsha said…

    Funny. I had a similar experience the other day when I didn't really feel like being interrupted by two guys hitting on me while I played bocce with a bunch of friends. I was gracious but not exactly encouraging of ongoing interaction. They called me a "bitch" and a "manhater." Yeah, even though I was having a great time with my respectful male friends, I am a manhater because I didn't appreciate their tactics. Oh well. At least my respectful male friends offered to beat them up for me. I guess that is a sign of loyalty in the male world :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home