i feel like...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

being known

Its interesting to think about how much people don't know about you. Moving causes me to realize how much people dont know about me. I think the people that might know the most about me are my parents because they've been around the longest, but then also my college roomates know probably too much :) But lots of my friends that I've either just met and some who I have known forever don't know ALL the stories.

Some of you might not know that I used to lick the icing off of my brothers birthday cake when we were little...that I thought my parents were getting a divorce when my dad said he was promoted...that I broke my arm my senior year in high school sliding into homeplate...that I used to have nightmares that I was attacked all the time...that I get really scared a night time and its not fun to live by yourself...that I love mint chocolate chip ice cream...I also love homemade chex mix...that I love fresh flowers...that I thought I was going to marry the people I dated in high school...you dont know any of the stories that come with the guys I dated in high school...that I hate throwing up...that I get sick at the sight of blood and almost passed out an online training course dealing with blood born pathogens...that I really want to have babies and a family...that I am really scared about being a bad teacher...that I am really scared about being alone my whole life...that I was jealous of my best friend Alissa because of how much everyone loved her...that there was a point in our lives that Stef and I couldn't stand each other...that I yelled F YOU at her because I was so mad but just said the letter not the word - not as good as an effect...that I used to get really close to people and then stop being their friend once I was their best friend...that I dont deal with death really well and Ive lost too many young people that I have loved...that I love pictures because I love to relive the memories and wish they could happen again...that in fourth grade I lied about being a Christian so that I didn't have to pray the prayer with my camp counselor...that my third grade sunday school teacher really showed me more about Jesus than I realized...that my seventh grade sunday school teachers loved me and I always babysat their kids, then one day I went over there smelling like smoke and I never babysat for them again...that in 11th grade Liz and I got suspended from the volleyball team because someone saw us smoking...that same week I totaled my car and I got caught cheating...that in 10th grade my best friend's boyfriend cheated on her with me and I told her about it on her birthday...that I thought I would marry Kirk Cameron or Zak Morris at some point in my life..that Stef and I used to record ourselves singing the theme song of Growing Pains...that I had a crush on Zak Basch in 2nd grade and know he's a drug dealer...that the people I am the most comfortable with are older than me and I have a thing against dating younger guys...that I really want to be known by someone fully and I want them to still love me more than possible.

If you put together each time period of my life and all the people of my life, then you'll know everything about me. But you know how you just want that ONE person that knows it all? And that's what is so fun about the initial stages of dating because you get to tell all those stories and when you go on long car trips you get to crack up at how they used to cry over baseball games and laugh about garbage pail kids and when you go out to dinner you get to hear about how their family celebrates Christmas and all the traditions that you'll want to carry on for them. Is that too much to ask for? God, I love that you know it all - its so comforting and I feel so loved...its just so fun to share it with someone else too.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Peggy Murphy said…

    Kirk Cameron, REALLY?
    Very interesting, poignant, future bribery opportunities revealed today.
    Very brave.
    Did you ever carry a weapon to school?

    God still loves you..and so do I.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger jmjana said…

    peggy
    youre really taking a break from beer pong!?!? im proud of you!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Bragg said…

    Jana, you better come to kickball this week. See, then we can get to know you more. And instead of hearing about it, we'll see you puke, then pass out, at the sight of blood. Because we're going to shed blood this week at kickball. That's right, we're going to make the opponent cry tears of blood. We're going to beat them as if they were baby seals.

    See, now you know I'm a warped individual.

    Lot's of sharing happening today. Good stuff, good stuff....

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    bragg you are awesome
    i'll try my hardest to see you guys kick some a, but i seriously will pass out if there is blood shed and i will throw up if i see puke...so can you maybe go easy on them? just win by like 5 or something

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Bragg said…

    Nope. There's no going easy. I refuse to go easy. Ask Fuller, he knows. It's all or nothing, blood and puke spilled in the field of battle, and hardcore. It's who I am. It's how I roll.

    Fear it.

    By the way, have you seen fall colors in Eden Park? They are awesome. Be ready in a month to take a field trip with your second graders to make wax paper leaf impressions.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    bragg, you may know me better than I think! I LOOOOOOOVE fall leaves and there is nothing better than wax leaf impressions with crayon shavings that go everywhere made by 7 and 8 year olds!
    if only my principal would go for that....

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Bragg said…

    Ha, sweet. Maybe you'll just have to bring in a big bagfull yourself.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i forgot to put how much i love this post and what is behind it.
    "Those who are the most interesting and the most interested." -An incredibly wise woman I adore

     

Post a Comment

<< Home