i feel like...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

what's going on

I just love my friends. I love every single one of them. They attest every day why God has created us to live in relationship. I dont learn as well without them...I dont process as well without them...and I just dont know what I'd do without them.

I feel like the last month or so has been so nutty. I have been in complete avoidance in everything in my life...EXTREMELY self-absorbed...extremely not even sure what is going on. I'll forget something in literally one second cause I'll start thinking about something else and I dont think that I've shopped this much for awhile...showing some pattern of avoidance that I have had for awhile. I've cried over the most random things...aka, an onstar commercial on the radio - a little girl was on the onstar thing crying because her dad was hurt and she didn't know what to do and I literally started crying. I have gotten near ill about just life stuff...broken relationships I've heard about, stories about hurting and broken lives, my little kids dealing with stuff that I've never even realized...
Its just insane. And for awhile I thought it was because I had been praying lately just to have more compassion. To feel more empathetically - like to actually feel the way the person is feeling. I thought that if I could get there a little bit more then I would be a little less self-absorbed. Trust me when I say I am NO where close.
Tonight I was talking to one of my BFF's of life and we were just talking through the crap that has been so consuming lately. Something that I NEVER realized before is how God uses the junk in our life to show us stuff about him and about ourselves. For example....
Why am I crying over the onstar commercial?
Why did I cry over Fuller's post on the Brass A
Why do I have dreams about my second grade kiddies
I think its not necessarily that God is changing my heart to be more compassionate (which he probably is, but that's not the whole story) BUT I think it's God trying to show me something about the deeper issues in my life. When I'm doing crappy with stuff and when I really need to work on stuff, I think EVERYTHING in my life gets off. My emotions get out of whack, my schedule gets out of whack, I can't think straight.
What is happening? I just dont know sometimes. and I kinda feel weird blogging about this, but it helps me process when I write and again, it helps me process when I get to have conversations about it later....so thanks!

11 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    sounds like you're sorting through it...one thing I was thinking is that when we go through these periods of questioning a lot of stuff/feeling like a big change on the horizon, i think discipline becomes important, which i think you already know since you suggested the challenge:)
    i think in those "desert"/wandering periods we learn the most, about God, about why God made us a certain way, etc. But also when we're wandering it's easy to not want to read, or pray, because we don't feel change or find answers quickly enough.
    so basically i will be kicking your A if we have to start the challenge again! haha just kidding!!! :) can't wait to see you tonight!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Bragg said…

    Not all who wander are lost.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    that's deep...:)

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Annie Michael Murphy said…

    not all who are lost know if a tree falls in the woods if the pope is catholic.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Peggy Murphy said…

    wow...deeper yet

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger ylmurph said…

    all who are lost, wander...

    unless they were told in the boyscouts to stay in one place...they probably don't do that though

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Annie Michael Murphy said…

    im so serious, it is time tp update the b log

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    are you coming to the tailgate thursday?

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    annie
    you told me im not funny
    i can never blog again



    hows that for girl drama? pretty good, i think!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Peggy Murphy said…

    Ah, c'mon..everyone tells ME I'm not funny but who cares?
    Write on, BFF....

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    UPDATE! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home