i feel like...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

burning the candle at both ends

My boss/friend/fatherlike figure and I were talking real quick about something today and he was like "Man, what's going on? Do you think both of us are just burnt out?" and I responded with "I dont feel burnt out." He went on to say that I am the most illogical person when it comes to my emotions (he knows me so well:) and that I wouldn't be able to tell if I was burnt out or not. I don't know if I agree with that statement. Yes, I feel tired. Yes, I sometimes don't want to do things. But, Yes, I still experience so many joys in this ministry and I think if I was burnt out I wouldn't be feeling the joys. Maybe I'm way off base, and maybe Tim's right, but I just don't know. What does being burnt out really feel like? Maybe I've been burnt out for awhile, I just kept pushing past that? Who the heck knows. I get to go to a BBQ now though - I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER AND BBQS ALL THE TIME!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you come back, I'll have a BBQ for you every weekend...

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger ylmurph said…

    she didn't mention that our grill is currently housing 27 birds....bird flu anyone?

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home