i feel like...

Friday, May 19, 2006

a few odds and ends

sorry for the nonposting lately
here's a few things I've been thinking about...

a) It is WAY harder for me to love Christians than it is for me to love nonChristians. I keep hearing about all these stories of pastors that are like, I am NOT seeing the DaVinci Code, why would I give money to promote that - why would I support that movie and Dan Brown? It just makes me so sad. I think this may be one of the greatest movies of all time that leads directly to people having conversations about Jesus. Even more so than the Passion of the Christ because I feel like the Passion of the Christ was seen more by nonChristians and it was also on "the Christian's side." Davinci Code is on "the nonchristians side." It's their world. We get to tap into that. We get to go see the movie with them because they asked us to go. We get to have some REALLY awesome conversations with them about who Jesus really is and we actually know what is happening cause we saw the movie - maybe with them. I just don't get it. What an awesome opportunity.

b) I hate that I just said us and them in my first point. I just went back and read it and I hate that I was dividing all of us - not sure why, I just hate it.

c) In saying all that about DaVinci the question I've been wrestling with all week is one I feel like I have been my whole life. I might have posted about it too, I dont know. Is there a point where I, in trying to become relevant, compromise my integrity? Like in me going to a bar and getting a drink with my nonChristian friends - js that relating? or is it compromising? I guess that's not that great of an example...maybe like, is me really liking Brokeback Mountain, (which I've never seen) compromising what I stand for. I've heard people say BBM is a great love story, but I'm like, it's not the kind of love God created - so is it still ok??? I dont know - and I would say I'm on the liberal side of Christianity. I always say, hate the sin, love the sinner, but on things that don't involve a specific person, like a movie, or book, or song, where there isn't a sinner to love, but a general population...how does that work? I dont know if this is making any sense...I just am busting out the random thoughts.

d) On a lighter note, Chasing Cars is an AMAZING song - download it - it's by Snow Patrol, courtesy of Grey's Anatomy- aka the best show ever - actually it's tied with Lost, but we'll see if the finale can be the tie breaker! oh wait - The Office is the best, they are tied for second. how could I forget about my boyfriend???!!

e) speaking of Lost - can someone please explain to me the Lost Experience blog thing? and the Hanso Foundation commercials and this website? I really don't get it. It's kind of freaking me out too. So info would be awesome.

f) Anyone (besides you Murph, you are awesome at this) want to find me a job? I'll consider it all...

g) I fell asleep at 7:30 pm last night - I have not done that since I was like 5 months old.... By the way I am addicted to Mt. Dew. It's becoming a problem. I wake up too late for coffee, so I just have to buy something out of the vending machine that has caffeine - Dew it is. I used to hate it!

h) sorry for the randomness of this post - I'm in one of those moods...

HAPPY WEEKEND!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i would argue that you are not on the liberal side

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    really? how come?

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Daniel Kalbach said…

    I would say integrity is a good, good thing.

    I would say love is an even better thing.


    Pursue loving others and maybe we will have moments where our integrity is questioned.

    But I would argue it's better than valiantly pursuing integrity and compromising amazing opportunities to love the people who Jesus loves.

    If we don't have love, what do we have?

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you were on the liberal side you would deny the inspiration of the scriptures and substitionary atonement. Just because you love sinners and seek to follow Jesus doesn't mean you are liberal...it's just means you are good.

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home