i feel like...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

la familia

Sometimes I just miss family so much. I miss family dinners. I miss lots of people around at Christmas. I miss fighting over who gets to use the phone or the computer. I miss the honesty that comes with family - like how that shirt looks really bad on me, or my cooking is really not good. I miss the euchre tournaments. I miss watching movies together. I miss going to the beach.
Three out of my four grandparents have passed away in the last 4 years and my Grandma that is left is just not even really coherent. Grandparents lives are just so rich. They have so many stories - so many memories - so much wisdom to share. I just love the feeling of going to Grandma's house. I love the feeling of feeling like you are home. Someone was there who loved you, was proud of your cheesy soccer trophy, and who wouldn't miss your pre school graduation for the world. Grandparent's houses have this familiarity to them. Their lime green toilet and hot pink walls in the bathroom look awesome. Not because they are in style, but because they are Grandma's.
I got to hang out with Ash and one of the girls from my summer staff tonight. It was SO good. Ash and I met Marisa at her grandparents house. I could have stayed there all night and have the best night ever. I think I just took advantage of my grandparents stories. I took advantage of the times when we would play cards, drink lemonade and eat homemade chexmix on the back porch. or play croquet in the front yard. I just miss that feeling.
I want to have a ton of kids. Family is SO huge for me. I want my kids to feel like there are always people around that love them and are there for them. I want my kid's kids to have a lot of aunts and uncles - a ton of cousins and big family reunions are the best. I just miss family. I want it so bad.
I think God created us like this. I love that he gives us people in our lives who love us a little bit like the way that he loves us. No matter what you do to family they still love you because you're family. God's loves us now, forever, no matter what. I just don't want to miss out on that like I missed out on such awesome times with my grandparents, mom and dad, bro, aunts, uncles, cousins....
I just love my family so much - and I love the people who are like family to me too

3 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home