i feel like...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

two things I've been thinking about

1. Annie wrote it perfectly in her blog about Christmas lights so go read it - http://anniemichaelmurphy.blogspot.com/
I love the minds and hearts of children. LOVE them. I think that's why I have loved teaching so much this year and why I dont mind baby puke on me :) They are so wonderful and ALWAYS straight up.

2. This is kinda weird, but I have LOVED watching the birds lately. I actually dont love birds, they freak me out, but its been fun to watch them fly around in their groups. There are seriously like 1,000 birds that will sit on the same tree, randomly get up and fly and somehow all know the same direction to go. They stick together like no other animal I have seen. After they fly around for a few minutes they go back to their tree or telephone wire or whatever, but they are always together.

I think this is why Where the Red Fern Grows is one of my all time favorite books. The two dogs can't survive with out each other. Dan gets killed trying to save his owner/friend and Little Ann dies a few days later basically from heartbreak. (sorry if you've never read the book) I love that picture. I don't feel like it's a weird dependency, but a deep and true love.

If you know me at all, you know that I love to be around people...it's almost torturous for me to be living by myself. I love the companionship I have with some of my friends. I seriously have the most amazing friends in the world and I am SO SO SO SO thankful for you guys :)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Annie Michael Murphy said…

    i HATE birds

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish I could fly south for the winter. Especially if I could fly south with great friends...and sit on the beach...and sip daquiris...and get tan, but not burned...crap, back to work.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate birds too! Ever since I was little and someone was watching that movie "The Birds", they just creep me out.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Annie Michael Murphy said…

    Time for a new post and a profile update.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home