i feel like...

Friday, March 10, 2006

the goods

God is really good. Actually he is really AMAZING. I love his timing and I love the way that he works!
If some of you had read some of my previous posts about what the crap I am doing with my life, this might make a bit more sense, but if not, praise God for being so cool anyways. So as I struggle with if this is a turning point in my life or not, God has pointed out some pretty great stuff. I LOVE and will forever be greatful that he chooses to use us in his redemptive plan. I know that he doesn't need to, but I love that we get to because in that process we get to see him more clearly and love him more deeply. I love being in "formal" ministry because I get the blessing of seeing it lots.
Here's some of the cool stuff....
The same day my brain is consumed with my discontent and unease about the direction I am pursuing, was the first Young Life club of the semester. Let me tell you how much I was praying that God would make this day go quick. I was so not excited or focused and I felt horrible about that. But club was amazing. Not necessarily mechanically did it go well, but kids felt loved. I got tears in my eyes more than once that night because God has blessed me with some great relationships with these kids. I love them so much and I just love seeing them interact with their friends, have fun and as one kid said "this is the only place in my life where I can let loose and be me." I LOVE that he feels like that. I LOVE that guys were belting out Spice Girls and people were laughing maybe the hardest they would that week. I love the fact that one of the girls who I've prayed for since I moved here called and asked if we could go to dinner because she feels like her life has no purpose (I don't love that she is feeling sad, I love that God's doing something:)). I love the fact that another one of my loves was like, hey I need to talk to you about my relationship with God - I want to get it back on track. Not many high schoolers seek me out to talk about God - I'm usually the initiator! I just love that God shows us distinct examples of what he's doing when we ask, but also sometimes still whispers in the background.
I still have no idea what I will be doing or where I will be in one month , six months or a year, but I will continually try to seek God's face and love him and serve him where I'm at the best I know how. And I will do it joyfully and excellently, not out of duty or because I have to, but because I want to and because he is just so stinking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home