i feel like...

Monday, February 27, 2006

hard to please

I dont know why I don't like my life sometimes. I've got a pretty great life. I've got a job doing what I love, I've got a great boss, I've got great friends, I've got a great church, I've got all the fun toys that I want. Sometimes I just get in these funks where I am like, what the heck am i doing? What the heck am I doing in Altoona, Penn, hanging out with high school kids allllllllll the time? Why the heck do I want to teach? Why do I whine about not having more people around me when I have some of the GREATEST friends in the world (some of which I get to see in less than 4 days!!!!!!!!!)
I wish I could be like Paul. I wish I could be content in every circumstance. I wish that I knew in my heart that content doesn't have to mean really happy. I wish that my eyes would be open to the all the greats instead of all the blahs. I continually am focusing, actually dwelling or meditating, on all the things that I hate or all the things that I wish were different. What the heck is the point of that? I think I am missing out on the true joys in my life. So if you here me whining - punch me in the arm. I don't want to be so self focused anymore. I want to enjoy the life that is offered to me

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Lucid Magazine said…

    you are a work in progress. the Artist is still applying the beginning strokes to the canvas of your life. let him who started this good work in you finish it, for he is able.

    To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-
    Jude 1:24 (New International Version)

    Romans 16:24-26 (The Message)
    25All of our praise rises to the One who is strong enough to make you strong, exactly as preached in Jesus Christ, precisely as revealed in the mystery kept secret for so long 26but now an open book through the prophetic Scriptures. All the nations of the world can now know the ruth and be brought into obedient belief, carrying out the orders of God, who got all this started, down to the very last letter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home