i feel like...

Monday, January 08, 2007

bigger than me

I love stuff that's bigger than me.

I love the NFL. I love Ohio State football. I love being a part of a church or an organization that is doing such amazing things that I can't even believe that I get to be a part of it. I love that little babies are born to people who I love more than life.

I love that we get to be a part of all this. That we get to experience all these amazing things that we really dont have tons of control over and that sometimes can shape us for who we are and who we will become.

I got crazy anxious before Sunday's Bengals/Steelers rematch. I had nothing to do with the outcome. I couldn't score the points or coach the team...I just love getting all caught up in it. I am so excited for tomorrow's OSU game because how fun for a team to be so freaking good...and to continue to kick butt. I again have no control over that. I love that I get to be a part of a church that sees such a need for Jesus in a college community and in a rough part of town community. I just long to be a part of all these things that are so much bigger than me and my day to day life.

I got to see my best friend's baby girl today. What an amazing little girl and what an amazing family she's got. It's amazing how you instantly feel so much love for such a gorgeous girl the minute you see her.

I long for so much more than the here and now. I think that God created us to long for the things that are bigger than us. In reality, I think its us longing for him. There is just so much that I want to get, that I want to understand...but I think right now I just need to pay attention to these longings cause it helps me see Jesus a little more clearly.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Amulya said…

    I'm not seeing Jesus at all...but happy day for Alyssa and Ted!! ;)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger jmjana said…

    ammers
    when is your butt getting down here???? i miss your face

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Competition is the best.
    I want to see pics of the baby!!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    too bad the Steelers beat the Bengals in the rematch!!!! haha

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, so I had to work tonight. What's the book for next month? Next month is at your place, right?

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Kristen Robbins Warren said…

    loved reading this. what is alyssa's baby's name?!?

    and please change that ridiculous like with my initials on it!!!

    ha. miss your face

     

Post a Comment

<< Home