i feel like...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

good advice

This is going to be a GOOOOOOOOOOD week!
I am in one of my favorite places on earth right now - Saranac Lake in upstate New York at the Young Life camp!!!!!! And this weekend I get to see some of my fave peeps in Cincy and in Columbus!! I just love Ohio too!

I just love Saranac. This is where I met Christ, where my bro met Christ, where I truly understood what it meant to be in love with Jesus. I just love it.
But I heard some really fun advice about marriage, that kind of hit me in a way that never has before, even though I have heard both of them!
1) Marriage is not about you. It's not about what you're going to get out of it. It's about you loving and serving someone else the best way you know how. That's how you will glorify God the most. I feel like I have lately thought about how great marriage is going to be for me....but it's SO not about that! It's about how great it will be for my husband and ultimately glorifying God
2) Marry your best friend. You don't split up with your best friend. You have fights, you make up, and you move on. You know you'll be friends forever. So marry them. Which is kind of fun. I know with some of my friends who are girls that even if we fight like crazy, sometime soon we won't be fighting. I even said that to one of them the other day. I was so hurt, but I was like, whatever, I know this will be done in a little bit. No, I'm not going to marry my girl best friend, but it was a cool picture to think about.

So there's my advice for all you out there. It's not mine, so if it sucks, sorry! But if it's great, just know who passed it on ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home