i feel like...

Monday, April 24, 2006

giving it up

One of my bf's of life came to La Toona this weekend...it was sooooo great to see her. I just love hanging out with people that know me better than I know myself sometimes and I can just talk and talk and I know it'll be ok.
After Jilly left, PW came to town. PW Gopal did a little concert in La Toona, which was SO fun as well. You can check out his music here. I sent an email to all the YL leaders around the area and some of them brought some of their kids down to the concert. He did a cover of I'll Be by Edwin McCain and it seriously made me about cry. At first I started thinking about my future and who I'm going to be the biggest fan to - I just want to support someone and love them like that so much! But then I think God showed me that life isn't ALWAYS about that and I got to see something just, if not more awesome.
A couple of years ago I read this book called Windows to the Soul, by Ken Gire. I of course was obsessed with the book. He talked about stopping when you're about to cry and looking at what is causing that. Tears are a window to your soul. Getting goosebumps is a window to your soul. What gives you the chills? What makes your heart ache? What makes you want to burst because it's so beautiful?
Those are windows to your soul. Those are pictures of what really matters to you.
So I thought I was crying cause I want to be married, blah blah blah. But I was looking at all these leaders with all these kids. Some of the leaders were with the kids for 12 hours yesterday and 6 hours this morning and then they drove an hour to come to this concert with kids. It was like this all day affair. They were these high school kids' biggest fans. They showed me a picture about what it means to literally give your life away. All day, all night, all the time, giving your life away. These guys happened to be doing it for high school guys. They love them so much, that they were around them for 24 hours this weekend.

one of my fave people of life, sean mm really pushes this idea. I really don't get how he gets this vision across so well. He did it in Mtown...He did it in State College...He does it all the time. Everywhere he goes, this "idea" is passed on. And it sticks with us forever. I'm really excited to see all the people who are in heaven because of a direct and what will be even cooler, an indirect connection with Sean. Thanks for always giving your life away.

So stop and look in your windows at your soul...what are you going to give your life away to?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home