i feel like...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Calling

The Calling is a pretty great band. My friend in college was obsessed with the calling...I have recently come to really like them. Their song our lives is awesome
I've been thinking about the idea of our calling for a while now. I'm wondering what influences "our calling" the most. Is it other people's comments? Is it that whisper we think we hear from God? Is it our subconscious that has idealized situations in our mind? Is it a billboard? Is our "calling" actually a real thing or do we just make it up to feel better about the direction that we go? What or who is it that plants ideas in our mind?
Through the wise council of many of my faves, I have heard things like, seek God's face and love others. Love God. Love others. The end. That's our calling. I wonder if God really cares about more than that...Like cares in a sense that he's ok with all of it, not that he doesn't care about us.
Does God care where we live?
Does it matter to him what our job is?
Does he have one perfect person created just for us?
Have the events in my life followed his perfect will for my life?
What the crap is God's will in my life?
There are times in my life where I have felt a definite pull and a push towards and away from different things...but what was that? Was it God, me, the universe, what? I have NO definite answers for this. I dont know if I ever will - that kind of hurts my brain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home