i feel like...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

snow delays, praxis 3, and free movies

Being a teacher has its perks and its crazy annoyances

Monday was one of the most stressful days of my life because I had to get observed by this state person to see if I could get my "real" license. I had some AWESOME friends that came and helped me clean my room and make it look like a new room! Everything ended up being fine and totally not as big as a deal as I was making it (surprise, surprise).

It's sort of ridiculous how stressed out I got about it actually. There are such bigger things in life. SUCH bigger things...and these things are surfacing themselves like crazy in my life lately.

On Friday night, my friend Sarah and I got to see Freedom Writers for free. Because we are teachers, we got a free ticket to go see the movie down in Newport. It was a really good movie - a bit Dangerous Mindsish, but good and would recommend it - especially as a rental.

One of the lines in the movie was when Hilary Swank was really getting down on her life. Her marraige was falling apart, the kids were going crazy, and she wasn't getting anywhere with the administration. Her dad was sitting with her and he said, "Honey, I'm proud of you. You have been blessed with a burden."

You have been blessed with a burden. That sentence really hit me and I think I told Sarah in the middle of the movie that Im blogging about that. But I dont really know what I want to say about it.

It's interesting to see what people's "burdens" or passions are. I feel like it comes out in their jobs, in their families, in their everyday actions and words. I dont always feel that my burdens are blessings. But I think they are...

They bring out what gets us moving
They bring out what makes us feel alive
They help us grow
They get us out of bed in the morning
They motivate the things we do on a daily basis

So what's your burden? What have you felt called to/led to...What do you feel totally passionate about? What are you blessed with?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Amulya said…

    Plain and simple...I'm burdened with weight of life but blessed with family and friends to lessen the load.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Peggy Murphy said…

    Burden spelled backwards is NEDRUB...and my NEDRUB is that I mentally reverse spelling of words.

    I am passionate about positive thinking.
    I seem to avoid the 4 letter words "can't"..."hate" and "try" (ok that's not a four letter word but when someone says weakly, "Oh, I guess I can TRY to do that" it's a probablility that it's not happening.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home