i feel like...

Saturday, August 12, 2006

why I love ToonaTown

So Im leaving. In less than 6 hours. This is just craziness!

Here's my top ten for the AMAZING Altoona, PA

10. The new mall they built (that I thought was going to be here the day I moved in, three years ago, but the first store is opening today. Classic)

9. The McDowell's pad, the Knickerbocker apt., and the Dodson mansion - the best places a girl could live

8. Tim's All American Cafe, Michael's Cafe, Lena's Cafe, Knickerbocker Tavern (especially the outdoor patio), Mama Randazzo's Pizzeria - the BEST places I've ever eaten

7. The Altoona Curve baseball team - the funnest bball games ever because you see 299 people that you know and they are pretty good! Sometimes they even have fireworks!

6. The fact that even though I have lived here for three years and put over 50000 miles on one car and 20000 on another and I STILL don't know my way around town is ridic! I also love the gargantuan hills that overtake my poor little car in the winter!

5. Sheetz. Sheetz has the BEST Shmuffins, Liquid Z energy drink and really great coffee. I am obsessed and will miss my daily stop at one of the super sheetz. You must experience the sheetz.

4. Young Life. The best job on the planet. I got paid to talk to people, love them, and share Jesus with them - sometimes verbally and sometimes nonverbally. My boss is amazing and my gifts are used so well. How fun is that?

3. AAHS students and HAHS students - I am in love with the high school students at these schools - they will forever be prayed for, loved and cherished. I love my faves from the schools too - you guys know who you are :)

2. The amazing relationships I have built with so many wonderful people. I can't even begin to name them because they all hold such a huge place in my heart

1. The journey Jesus and I have been on for the last three years. What I have learned about myself and God in my time here is just unreal. I feel like I grew up a little bit and I have a somewhat better understanding of who I am and who he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home