i feel like...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

100 things that I love for my 100th post :)

1. I love all my friends and all the people who have influenced my life and don't even know it.

2. I love loving people. I love when I see someone's day get better because they feel loved.

3. I love holding babies. I love when they fall asleep in my arms and even though my arms fall asleep, you just don't want to let go.

4. I love starbucks coffee. Venti nonfat sugar free vanilla latte with whipped cream - there is nothing better.

5. I love old people. I love imagining their stories and thinking about what they've experienced and what they've been through.

6. I love airports because there are so many stories there. Business, honeymoons, vacations, family. There is so much emotion because you're coming or going - maybe for a long time or maybe for a week, but there is some STORY that is in all these people.

7. I love reading books on the beach. I love "summer beach books" - the kind that you read in a day because they are so ridiculously consuming.

8. I love great conversation. I love talking about life and hearing about other people's stories.

9. I love that my job the last three years has been great because I get paid to have great conversations.

10. I love high school students. They are real and raw and honest and they love Kelly Clarkson. I love what I learn from them and I love seeing their hearts trust someone other than themselves.

11. I love pizza. I especially love Pizza King Pizza with the Witherby's and Donatos Pizza with Stef and Katy and Sam's Club pizza with Annie.

12. I love talking to Sean and Annie. I love that Sean makes fun of me and I laugh more than anyone else and I love when Annie challenges me to love Jesus more. All this while I get to hang out with their kids.

13. I love The Office. I love Jim. I will marry him some day.

14. I love sitting on a porch during a thunderstorm, drinking a glass of wine and reflecting on life.

15. I love fun emails from people that have more depth than a schedule of what's going on.

16. I love going to an Altoona Curve baseball game and seeing over 30 people that I know at every game and loving that I live in small town and we know everyone.

17. I also love going to an Indian's game with my parents and bro and being able to just watch baseball and not be overstimulated by the amount of faces I know.

18. I love my brother and I wish he would live with me.

19. I love the Steelers and I REALLY want to go to the Steelers/Bengals game on New Years Eve - anyone in?

20. I love staying up until 2:45am catching up with an old friend and realizing how much I thirst for real face to face fellowship.

21. I love listening to the same song over and over again. Stef calls it my song of the week, but there are just songs that I don't get sick of.

22. I love my parents. They are my biggest fans and I know will back me up until the day they die - no matter what.

23. I love Lost. I love the weirdness of it and the way that I can't wait to watch it the next week. I love Jack. I will marry him too.

24. I love Growing Pains.

25. I love that I thought I would marry Zack Morris or Mike Seaver for years of my life.

26. I love movies. I love seeing movies in the movie theatre and crying at every one and sharing Diet Coke with Kels.

27. I love dogs and the way that they always love you and are happy to see you.

28. I love meeting people and immediately calming their fears of any bit of awkwardness.

29. I love reading people's thoughts on life, love and politics.

30. I love sitting around a table and discussing people's thought on life, love and politics.

31. I love playing volleyball and I liked it better when I was good.

32. I love laughing so much that I get an ab workout.

33. I love meeting new people and finding out their life story in 4 seconds.

34. I love feeling like Im good friends with people after our first encounter - may be a bit strange, but I love it.

35. I love shopping - I just wish I had unlimited funds because I could shop all day everyday.

36. I love getting pedicures and manicures - especially with Annie and Katy or when my mom comes and pays

37. I love the extreme thoughts that Mike and Steve have and that they talk and offer each other good opinions and thoughts

38. I love driving cars that are stick shift.

39. I love hanging out with Chell and Bella.

40. I love that right when I move Altoona gets a new shopping center and two new YL staff guys - go figure

41. I love new music and feeling life I found an undiscovered treasure.

42. I love my ipod.

43. I love feeling like I got a deal and I just saved money.

44. I love asking everyone's opinion about nothing.

45. I love that I have 55 more things to go and I suck at this.

46. I love that maybe 2 of you (stef and annie) will have read all of this :)

47. I love that I can tell Stef when she ticks me off and when I just love her. I hope that everyone has a friendship that's as real as ours

48. I love how Annie challenges me in so much stuff

49. I love how Alissa knows my heart and soul and might understand my weird idiosyncrises better than anyone

50. I love knowing that the friends I have now will be my friends until we die

51. I love all the fun new friends I have made via blog or email

52. I love listening to someone talk who was such a passion for Jesus and the word that I can't wait to go home and read my bible

53. I love that one of my best friends Jill, just got married to a guy that is absolutely PERFECT for her

54. I love that I have been taught and led by Sean MM

55. I love that Tim and YL have paid for my cell phone and wireless internet the past three years - I will miss him and those expenses ;)

56. I love that Tim doesn't get mad about me going over my cell minutes every month

57. I love that I get to live 2 seconds away from KateB

58. I love songs that just resonate with your heart and you feel like they wrote the song for you

59. I love the song Far Away by Nickelback

60. I love that Katie Muhl and Kels Muhl introduced me to some amazing music

61. I love how so many people have differing views and therefore cause me to really think through what I believe and why

62. I love that in college Stef dropped my tv and it exploded

63. I love that I got her back by spilling bleach in the closet

64. I love that I got to live with her for 4 great years and that she was so close for the last three that I got to see her all the time

65. I love that Wes calls himself Homer Stokes

66. I love vanilla yogurt with fruit

67. I love diet coke

68. I really love diet mountain dew

69. I love birthdays - they are so fun to celebrate!

70. I love Thanksgiving - its definitely the best holiday

71. I love Altoona

72. I love Oxford

73. I love family because they will love you forever and ever and you can be so mean to them and they still love you

74. I love friends that are like family.

75. I love thinking about heaven and that Jill does too and how one night I thought she was trying to kill me so that we could go there...I love that I wouldn't mind being in heaven now either.

76. I love that on 9/11 I thought the rapture happened and I was "left behind" until I saw Jill Wit - now Jill MINKE!

77. I love plants. I love the way that they brighten up a room and make your house feel more homey.

78. I love Java Blue print of Vera Bradley. I actually just love Vera Bradley.

79. I love looking at Christmas lights and the feeling you get around Christmas time. Its just fun for me to go to the mall and watch the kids with Santa, go to church and remember how much God loves me and to be with my amazing family

80. I love that I have talked on the phone with Annie like 78 times a day this weekend

81. I love when songs that aren't about Jesus at all make me fall in love with him more.

82. I love when dogs sleep and they dream and make funny noises.

83. I love really great dreams that you wish were real in real life

84. I love that I've got to hang out with some of my favorite people this week - sadness that I am saying bye to them, but SO fun to see them

85. I love that high school kids were trying to get me to drink with them tonight...seriously? I love that we got to talk about some cool stuff in the midst of that.

86. I love that Tim hired some pretty great guys to love these high school kids really well.

87. I love my family

88. I love that my life is pretty great - actually its really great. There is so much good

89. I love new things. I love that everything in my apartment is brand new...am I a brat?

90. I love you for reading my randomness

91. I love books that make you think about Jesus without knowing it - like Number the Stars, Tuesdays with Morrie

92. I love when someone brings a totally random shift on my thoughts and thoroughly makes me think outside the box

93. I love that a high school kid prayed for me tonight

94. I love that my job has been so freaking amazing for the last three years. and I love that I will love my new job for awhile too.

95. I love earrings. I love really big ones that are fun to wear. I also love makeup and getting dressed up...its really fun

96. I love football, volleyball, baseball/softball, swimming, soccer, running, basketball, basically any sport minus wrestling (its weird to me that Annie is obsessed) and water polo

97. I love watching kids play outside in the neighborhood

98. I love that my brother said he was living with me at the end of September if he doesn't find a job in Cleveland

99. I love real friendships where I can get mad and tell them and I know still will love me

100. I love the way that Jesus loves me and the experiences he has allowed me to have that shape me to be more like him.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:28 AM, Blogger stef shaffer said…

    dang- i read this whole thing before it was even posted... its only 11:22... oh wait time change

    i dont love time change.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #46 yes i did
    #80 i love it

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hold on, a couple of thoughts on your list...

    24. I love Growing Pains.
    (Do you mean "I love watching Kirk Cameron and learning how to french kiss my pillow"?)

    and

    14. I love sitting on a porch during a thunderstorm, drinking a glass of wine and reflecting on life.

    (Did you really mean "I love sitting by the bar, chugging a beer and thunderstorming the dance floor as I grind on those groomsmen." ???)

    Just curious? :)

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    katy,
    have you been drinking?
    way to reveal my deepest, darkest secrets
    and YOU were the one getting all the love from the groomsmen ;) way to "accidently" spill your drink at a great target zone on your dress!

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I made it all the way through the list too, Jana.

    Love you!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWO DAYS LATE MELBO!!!
    I LOVE YOU!

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    and katy
    you are not fiona's aunt - isn't she your cousin or something?
    oh HAHAHAHA i forgot about the doggy fifi
    what's your cousin's name that strips on the beach? and talks really cute and calls "things" weird names - please know what I am talking about!

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE that you remember the broken tv. What about loving broomball and almost peeing your pants everygame...just another thought

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i read them all, how great for work!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home