i feel like...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

stages of grief

So I am currently coming out of the denial stage.

The strangest thing I have experienced in a long time is the fact that I have not been crying all week. If you know me even like a little, you know I cry at everything. EVERYTHING. Its sort of ridiculous. And all week, I've had breakfast, lunch, dinner or some sort of going away thing for me with some amazing people that I have loved, invested in or was fed by for the past three years. And I haven't cried. In fact, I haven't really been close to crying. I thought something was wrong with me - Im broken or something - I am numb to any kind of emotion.
But I currently have noticed that I am going through stages of grief - Im not broken - in that way atleast

The past three days I have been in the denial stage - not caring because I'm not actually doing this - Im not diving into some weird new place, job, friendship, community...
When I said bye to my boss/bffae/friend tonight I came out of that stage very quickly. Now I can't go back and I might have a slight freakout here pretty soon.

I guess there's something in this that I can learn about me. I guess there's something in this that I can learn about Jesus...Im not quite sure because of how much my head is spinning -
I just REALLY want the resolution stage to come pretty quickly. Want to help me out with that?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if it gives you hope, I'm STILL processing the idea that I left Lafayette... and it's been over three years.

    So, quick resolution? Maybe. But probably not.

    But it's a good thing, I think.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    J- that does surprise me a lot that you're not crying. Who gave you the analysis of your current stage? Is stef already practicing counceling? you leaving altoona means you'll be less than 2 hrs from me in columbus. yahoo for that.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger jmjana said…

    mike,
    that doesn't give me hope - why aren't you back there?
    selfishly, i think you need to stay for atleast like a week so we can actually hang out -
    i feel like me living cincy (three years ago) is like you leaving lafayette - and im coming back. i guess that resolution never came. so im preparing for it to not come again. what is God saying to me in that?
    ash - will you be my friend and meet me for coffee? i just think you are amazing

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nothing that I miss is there, anymore.

    And I'm pretty much good with where I am, now. no place I'd rather be. maybe indianapolis, but probably not.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    mike,
    just stay in cincy
    life is good there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home