i feel like...

Saturday, March 25, 2006

trabajar

I love my job. Can I please tell you what I got to consider work in the last 48 hours??!
Yesterday I woke up at 6, had coffee/bible study/accountability time with my best friend in Toona, Tiff - who is also a volunteer leader. Then I went to the gym and saw my other best friend, Julie who is also a volunteer leader. Then I went to breakfast with the other two guys on staff in our region for two hours. They are amazing guys and it was fun to just talk and not talk about only Young Life stuff. We traveled to meet for lunch with my boss and his wife, who I love, and our new Vice President. So we had lunch with them for two hours. Then I got to go to softball practice with some of my fave girls of all time from 3-6. I got to meet one of my fave girls Courtney after practice for dinner and chat time. Kelsey came to meet me at the coffee shop where I met Courtney and we had one of the best conversations we have ever had until about 10pm. So yes, I did work from 6am-10pm yesterday, and I could potentially write off all of it except for the 15 minute power nap I took in between lunch and softball - and I loved every second of it. Yes, some of it was challenging, but most of it was so good. I just LOVE to talk to people and I had people to talk to all day.
Today I got to sleep in a bit. Drive up to State College. Go into Starbucks - (please realize that I had to drive an hour to a stupid starbucks) and read my bible for an hour. Then I got to go to Barnes and Noble and read books for hours until I had to come home for softball practice. Every month, according to Young life, you are supposed to take a "day away with Christ." I have been on staff for three years and I think I might have taken 1.5 days away. I have taken more days than that off, but not intentional days away with Christ. So today I took a half day to do that (yes I am a control freak). And it was awesome. God is just seriously really great. Starbucks is a sanctuary to me - I see God so clearly every time I go there.
But alas - all of this constitutes what I get paid to do - love people and love God. I am just so blessed to have had days like these back to back!
All in a days work....and I want to be a teacher now?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger stef shaffer said…

    thats right you see God at starbucks.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger ylmurph said…

    I saw God walk out of a Starbucks once...they threw him out because he said their coffee beans were over-roasted.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home