i feel like...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What about that?

There is this show on tv right now called What About Brian? I dont love it, but I find myself still DVRing it every week. And I LOVE the opening song and the 30 seconds that they show all the people that play all the characters...I dont really know what that's called. I despise watching the opening credits and listening to every other show's "song." (Exception: Growing Pains)

Today I watched only the opening credits. Like twice. What is that? The song is something like, "Calling all friends..." and I want to find it on Itunes. The show reminds me a little bit like a Friends where these people have been best friends forever and their whole lives include each other. I LOVE THAT.

But I struggle with that because of how bad I want it. But then I get concerned that I make things "cliquey" because I want that community. So I'm in this debate of cliqueness, I guess. How do we establish real community - beyond surface, and beyond discussion of just the day to day? I've got that with some people in my life and I am not sure what I would do without them.

But how do we create real friendships with a group of people without excluding others? And how do we include everyone without keeping everything at the surface? I once again kinda want heaven. It just is.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger ylmurph said…

    you can't

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    I don't recall the "friends" having a significant impact on anyone outside of their little circle. A real group of people like that would overdose on depression medication because of their lack of meaning and purpose.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Is having it all too much to ask ? :)

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Amulya said…

    a) Yeah Growing Pains!!
    b) not to be pessimistic or like Debbie Downer...but try not to compare your life to what you see on tv. its like false hope. because our ups and downs cannot be confined into 30 minute segments.
    I know your post goes way beyond this but i'm just saying...life is better than TV...so try to to compare the two.

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    ammers
    i hear ya sister
    life is WAY better than tv

    when are you coming to visit - its almost your BDAY!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home