i feel like...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

reasons I was not created to "serve in the kitchen"

1. It took me five minutes to figure out how to turn the vaccuum on today
2. I tried to vaccuum dog hair and I think I got 2 pieces of it up
3. While vaccuuming, I sucked up a Target bag. Sweet.
4. I made cookies on a pampered chef baking stone that's not mine (if you know what a pampered chef stone is, you know i spend too much money on not necessary things because I also have my own stone - thus my point that I buy expensive cookware that I never use)
5. I was using someone else's stone to make cookies (by cookies I mean the bag kind that you add egg and butter and stir) and I forgot i put the cookies in the oven - Thus burning the CRAP out of the cookies because I read a part of my book, showered and blow dried my hair in the mean time
6. Every time I do laundry, something happens to some piece of clothing = shrinkage, bleachspots and i don't use bleach, or detergent markings stuck forever in my clothing, or color change
7. I can't function in a house that doesn't have air condirioning
8. I am up at 330 am packing, cleaning and figuring out my VERY disorganized life so i can go camping with my best friend of life, alissa and one of my other bffae's steffy and then so I can go to jill's and watch my other best friend get married!
9. I get really scared at night
10. I dont' know how to balance a checkbook at all - I am great at math, I just don't really get the concept and maybe even the point :)

PS I just went to the most amazing concert ever - Kelly Clarkson - and Im not kidding it was wonderful and expect an update sometime in the next few days...there was def some spiritual significance...lets just say God's really great and I'm obsessed with Kelly :) Thanks for a fun night Ash, Kels, Kate, Court and Tiff - I just love you guys more than life!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't there some guy who couldn't wait for you to serve him in the kitchen? Good thing you didn't stay with him... he'd be disappointed...

    :)

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1) I LOVE me some Kelly Clarkson. I really do. And I'm not ashamed to shout about it. For my money, it just doesn't get any better than her belting it out on "Behind These Hazel Eyes."

    2) Speaking of laundry, I thinkn that the whole world needs to know that Josh Nottingham is 28 years old and has never done a single load of laundry in his life. He doesn't even know how to. I went to California with him and I had to iron his shirt for a meeting. I never felt so feminine in my whole life (not that ironing is feminine... but ironing someone's clothes that are not your own is somewhat feminine, IMO).

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger ylmurph said…

    this isn't going to get you a man Jana...

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...Murph, Not EVERY man is looking for a woman to do all of their cooking and cleaing...


    ...some men are gay and can do it themselves.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    Mike,

    Were you listening to Kelly Clarkson as you were ironing his shirt?

    And seriously, Kelly Clarkson? Now I'm starting to understand why you want to get those 12 beers.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger stef shaffer said…

    katy- AMEN!!!!!!

    i would just like to let you all know that i lived with jana all through college and
    A- she did all my laundry
    B- she stayed up late and did all the dishes that the rest of the house left behind and never told anyone about it
    C- she is the most serving person ever
    D- any guy that really knew her would want to be serving HER in the kitchen because they would see how great she was
    E- she does have a problem with the whole check book thing though

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    stef I think you are trying to make it up to me that you were YELLING at me the whole time we were on the canoes. I do suck as a canoe rider though. Another reason why I am not a kitchen dweller. Not sure how the two are connected, but anyways...

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger stef shaffer said…

    oh no- i dont feel bad about the yelling in the canoe thing- it was all your fault we ran into 5 trees. no connection.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...sounds like you two need to be reconciled.

    Sit down and say two nice things about the other.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home