i feel like...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!


Since summer is halfway over (sadness) I thought today would be a good day to do my top ten list of summer...
Definitely my favorite season of the year (I love fall but I think its cause that's when my bday is) There is just nothing compared to the feeling I get when its summer time...

10. Having the time and energy to drive to Cincinnati and back in 3 times in less than 2 weeks :) and hopefully getting a job!
9. Summmer schedules - everyone is a lot more lax and is into more spur of the moment fun things
8. The Pool. The most relaxing place on the planet - you get tan and get to read fun books, which leads me to...
7. Summer Pool Books - not necessarily trashy novels, but nonthinkers (The Devil Wears Prada, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Something Blue) My friend Katy is in on this with me as well, but she is more intelligent than I because she picks a couple of no brainers and then a literature book to read through. I might copy her because I REALLY want to read Persuasion too. Thanks Kate!
6. Summer Movies - some of the best movies come out in the summer - and I get to go see them with my movie going buddies Katie, Kelsey, Ash, Court and others :)
5. Fun Weddings - summer is wedding season and some of my favorite people are getting married!!!!! Jill and Zac this weekend in Chicago (YAY House of Mud reunion!!) and Jill and Scott Minks at the end of the month! I just love these people so much. I hope all my friends find husbands/wives that are this quality and that I like to be around this much.
4. VACA - the ability to relax and just be. This is usually better when you are in a tropical location because its a bit boring when you are just waiting in limbo with not much to do (see StefShaf)
3. Baseball games - especially at the Altoona Curve because when you go you literally see 100 people that you know and you get to eat CurveBurgers and corn on the cob
2. Picnics, BBQs, Neighborhood gatherings...This is in my top 5 reasons of wanting to get married. BBQs are my fave - picnics with friends are my fave - and watching little kids be friends and play, I just LOVE
1. Great friends and family that I get to see A LOT! that I dont get to normally see during the year and more time with the people I get to see all the time.

Go out and enjoy summer! Happy BBQs, picnics, and fireworks today!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I'm finally leaving you a comment because this entry is one of my faves! I'm a little upset that Rockbridge didn't make the list.. but maybe that counts as vacation? Oh, and I'm loving the summer movie part. I'm just praying that we don't have to be scared out of our minds at the theatre ever again! More picnics here and coffee shop trips before you leave me in August!

    <3! Katie

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger stef shaffer said…

    you forgot to talk about bringing nalgenes to the pool- thats the best part... right kateb?

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    katie, thanks for commenting!!! I didn't put rockbridge because its in my top ten fave things for the YEAR! It seriously is my fave week of the year and of course it was this year even more because I was with you! I LOVE that you commented, but I notice it was when you were supposed to be at the movie with us ;) love you sister!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am self involved enough to be sad my name didnt make the list. ill just pretend it is on there.
    btdub, i love can you keep a secret.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home