i feel like...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

part one girls and boys

So, I maybe just experienced one of the best weekends of my life. I just love some of my friends so much - you'll get some pics in a bit...Im too tired to go out to my car and get my cam...check StefShaf's blog to get a little teaser

One of my roomates from college got married this weekend. I love her. I love my roomates. It was so fun to drive to Chicago and back in a day to celebrate with her :)

During the reception one of my friends Chad and I got into a conversation about the differences between girls' brains and guys' brains. It was one of the more interesting conversations I've had in a long time and I haven't really been able to stop thinking about it. I just have always been very intrigued about male's brains. I kind of get female brains, not quite because we are quite complex minds, but I am one so I think I have some sort of grasp on them.
My friend Chad is pretty credible - he is a public speaker and you can check out his website here.
He is the guy speaker for the RevolveTour which means that he tells teenage girls the way a guy's brain works - what they think about, what they mean when they say something, how they view life, love and all that is important. He does love Jesus and he's had real struggles in his life and is TOTALLY honest about his own brain, so I feel like he's pretty credible.
I just am intrigued by a lot of stuff that he said and I am SO interested in opinions on this matter (Fuller this is why you need to call me back - you are NOT allowed to discuss only via blog)

Here is my first question. Do guys want "needy girls" or confident girls? I can see an argument for both sides of the coin. Needy girls allow guys to feel just that - needed. They set the man up to rescue them, to love them, to fix them, to be men. (which I'm saying are all great things) But they can be annoying as crap if they get so needy that the needs become unhealthy and a whole bigger problem is underlying all of that. Confident girls are great because a man can just be an admire her beauty and have fun not worrying about their insecurities, etc. But, confident girls can be a turnoff as well because they wave an air of independence, and an I don't need you kind of attitude - not intentionally but you can see it when its there. It can be somewhat intimidating. So I dont get what guys want.

I also totally realize that there is a TON more to it than this...this was just one of the things that was brought up on wedding night. Chad also talked a lot about how guys are visual and logical - how being perfomance driven can cause problems at home - and just more on how they think.

I feel like I am on some sort of a treasure hunt or something to find the secrets of men - it has always been so fascinating to me and now I just want to soak up any knowledge we've got on this topic - thanks for the trigger Chad

4 Comments:

  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    I'll call Tuesday. Been a busy couple of days. :)

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger jmjana said…

    hey its ok...
    i know you are crazy busy man!

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to hear more about the performance driven topic...
    and i want to be a part of the phone convo between you and steve so either conference call it or wait until you get here.
    im being needy.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    And yet so independent Annie...I like that. Or do I?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home