i feel like...

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

last day

Today is the last day of school.

It is such a bittersweet day for me. I haven't even been in this classroom for more than two months, but I have just grown to love some of these kids. I love being in the role as their teacher, even though some of them never really saw me in that light! I can't even imagine if this was my room all year.

So I am SO glad I don't have any more papers to grade, no more fear of being observed by the principal, no more annoying kids who say gross things, some that smell bad, and some who are just down right jerks and make me want to cry, and no more waking up early.

But also, no more great conversations with kids who's parent just died, no more conversations about the bigger things in life, no more times to stand out in the hall with fellow teachers and crack up laughing about nothing, no more convos with the best math department head ever, and no more time to intentionally love these kiddies with the same love that Jesus has for them!

The thing that I think is the hardest for me is the kids that I will never see again. There are kids that I know I will see...I know I will keep in touch with them...and then there are kids that I will never hear of again and I hate admitting it, but I will probably forget their name.

It's really really hard for me to invest so much in people and then have it be nothing. That may be my hardest thing. I have invested my time, energy and heart into something and then to leave is just so so so hard for me.

Im trusting God's got something bigger up his sleeve....I'm hoping for that atleast :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home