i feel like...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

what a brain can do

It's amazing what your brain is capable of doing

This weekend I saw a newspaper article saying people got killed because of an in-air collision. I immediately thought of my friend, the Braggster, and of course texted him, just to make sure. But, he didn't text back, so I call him later. No answer. And he doesn't call back. Then I text my friend Rose, ask if she's talked to Bragg, and also text Bragg again. Both of them of course think I am TOTALLY neurotic, but my brain just went crazy and went through every scenario possible.

Your brain can cause you to think of the most repulsive things, which I also happened to me this weekend. Your brain can somehow rationalize almost any action/thought to your moral self. It's amazing. And it's such a slippery slope. How do you stop it?

As Im sitting here there is a HORRIBLE storm outside my door. My neighbors have a windchime (which I HATE) and its making me go crazy. I literally feel like there is a mini tornado outside. Of course, my brain goes crazy and I immediately imagine myself in my bathtub in tornado position, imagining what it would be like in the midst of a tornado. I freak myself out beyond any logical thought.

It's insane. I know it's stoppable. I just hate that it gets out of control so fast!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    Who in their right mind would be afraid of a little storm?

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Those storms WERE scary last night!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger jmjana said…

    steve, it's ok. it's all over. nothing more to worry about!

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Steve Fuller said…

    And if Bragg makes up some lie about me coming down to the basement because I was scared and needed him to hold me...don't believe him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home