i feel like...

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cornell


Today is the day.  
I have three incredible roommates.  INCREDIBLE.  I had incredible roommates in college as well.  I think I am extremely blessed with the roommate situation.  Living with women can be pretty intense, but I feel like we have had MINIMAL issues of what could have been since living together for a year.  Here's the only problems we've had:
a) The shower.  I suck at waking up, so occasionally (aka every other day) I need to beg liz to take a shower really fast because her getting back from the gym has just awoken me.  Note that my three alarms that were set 45, 30 and 15 minutes earlier did not do anything.  She is gracious, for sure.  
b) The Underwear-eating dog.  Im not going to say much about this, cause you get the picture.  But, I seriously feel like people dont even care that this happens, its more a running joke of where we are at in the count.  Who doesn't have 40 pairs of underwear - you can spare a few
c) Kitchen cleaning/food stealing.  This is SO not an issue, but it is an annoyance, and because we are so low on issues, I feel that I need to address the annoyance.  We all aren't the cleanest people in the world, or the richest, so it comes down to some missing granola bars and some pans with egg stuck in them every once in awhile.  
I saw all this to say that I am SUPER grateful to have these women in my life.  Its hard to live with people who you are actually living with and sharing life with.  It's hard to live in community where people know your stuff, you know theirs and you still love them and allow them to love you.  That can get really messy sometimes - but notice that wasn't one of the "issues."  
So.  Today is the day that we clean every square inch of our house.  I'm ok with this occurring once per year and living in subpar cleanliness the rest of the time.  Because lets face it, living and loving and enjoying three of my favorite people in the world is way more important than dishes in the sink and a dusty house.  

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    6 rather large bags of trash later we are clean! And we found a pair of Emily's shoes, a certain person's Christmas underwear, and Emily's mom's skillet that STILL had gravy in it from Thanksgiving! Yup, it got put away dirty. Oops! Good thing we didn't wait another year ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home